From the Fins:
- The Finsiders preview the upcoming match-up between the Redskins and Dolphins
- Mike Shanahan, John Beck, Billy Kilmer, and beat reporter John Keim all give some perspective on the Redskins
- Andy Kent of Dolphins.com tells us the five things we should be watching for in the Redskins game
- Andrew Carter of the Sun-Sentinel says that Matt Moore and John Beck are “grateful for second chances“
- Linda Robertson of the Miami Herald writes that “the Dolphins have only two interceptions in eight games, but the Redskins’ shaky passing game could help that meager total grow”
- Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post believes Charles Clay is starting to understand his “hybrid role“
- ESPN.com AFC East Blogger James Walker is picking a member of the Dolphins defense as the “X factor” in Sunday’s game versus Washington
The Dolphins (1-7) will look for their second consecutive win this weekend when they host the Washington Redskins (3-5) at Sun Life Stadium. The Fins are coming of their first win of 2011, a 31-3 drubbing of the Chiefs last week in Kansas City, while the Skins try and stop a four-game losing streak, following a 19-11 home loss to San Francisco.
From the Fins:
- Karlos Dansby’s key to slowing down Redskins tight end Fred Davis is to limit his touches early in the game
- Chris Myers of FOX Sports believes that Matt Moore has “capitalized on the opportunity” he’s been given the past month
- Hank Goldberg spoke with former Redskins great Billy Kilmer about the current state of the Redskins and what the Dolphins should expect from Mike Shanahan and John Beck
- Andy Kent of Dolphins.com says Kevin Burnett and Karlos Dansby are considered the “pilot and co-pilot” of Miami’s defense
From the Press:
- In a Washington Post article, DeAngelo Hall calls Reggie Bush an “OK running back“
- Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel writes that Coach Sparano’s team “is clearly loose, and it appears the Dolphins are as healthy as they’ve been in weeks“
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, earlier in the season Reggie Bush had doubts about his decision to play in Miami but things are starting to turn around and the Dolphins are now “maximizing Bush’s unique skill set“
In his weekly podcast for Dolphins.com and TheFinsiders.com, Hank Goldberg chats with the former Redskins quarterback about the state of the current Redskins team after four consecutive losses. Get Kilmer’s insight on the future prospects for Mike Shanahan and John Beck in their respective positions as head coach and quarterback for the Redskins.
The Redskins head coach talks with South Florida reporters to discuss the state of the his team following a string of losses as well as the play of quarterback John Beck. Make sure to listen for Shanahan’s thoughts on Brandon Marshall, a player that he coached for three seasons in Denver.