After a Friday night dropped pass and a Saturday night arrest, Johnson’s contract was terminated by the team on Sunday and the show was there to capture much of what was a very intense weekend in South Florida.
Things, began, though, on an even more serious note, as the show opened with the death of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid’s son.
This morning, after the previous evening’s Hard Knocks premiere, the Dolphins held a walk-through in the bubble.
The team will return to the practice field later this evening, though, for a 6:25 p.m. practice open to the public–the only open night practice of training camp.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the 11th day of training camp practices:
- Variety of Stars Emerge From Hard Knocks Premiere
- Dolphins Announce Celebration for 40th Anniversary of Perfect Season
- Dolphins Announce Naming Rights Partnership for Team’s Training Facility
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference 8/8, Part 1
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference 8/8, Part 2
- VIDEO: Vontae Davis Media Availability
- VIDEO: Hard Knocks Director’s Cut: Rob Gehring
- VIDEO: Cam Wake Media Availability
- VIDEO: Randy Starks Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jared Odrick Media Availability
- VIDEO: Les Brown Reacts to Hard Knocks
- VIDEO: 1-0n-1 with Eric Steinbach
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/8/12
- VIDEO: Training Facility Naming Rights Press Conference
- VIDEO: 40th Anniversary of 1972 Undefeated Team Press Conference‘
- VIDEO: Jim Kiick, Larry Little and Mercury Morris In Studio
Two days after the team’s first scrimmage of training camp 2012, coach Joe Philbin released his first depth chart of the season.
While there are obviously many things that will change between now and Week 1 at Houston, this piece of paper certainly gives us a decent idea of where the coaching staff’s heads are at.
With the defense applying some additional pressure, there was a new wrinkle during team drills: Ryan Tannehill took his first snaps with the first-team offense.
If it is truly to be a three-way competition, it’s been a matter of when not if Tannehill would run with the 1’s, and Thursday turned out to be the day.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the sixth day of training camp practices:
- Day 7 Notebook: Tannehill Works With the 1’s; Other Notes
- Innovative Defense a Hit Among Players
- Yeatman Still Adjusting to Position Switch From Tight End to Tackle
- Recapping Ryan Tannehill’s First-Team Reps
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/2/12 Part 1
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/2/12 Part 2
- VIDEO: Ryan Tannehill Media Availability
- VIDEO: David Garrard Media Availability
- VIDEO: Lamar Miller Media Availability
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Legedu Naanee
- VIDEO: Les Brown Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jeron Mastrud Media Availability
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Michael Egnew
- VIDEO: Daniel Thomas In Studio with The Finsiders
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/2/12
- AUDIO: Dolphins Practice Report with John Congemi, 8/2
A day after Matt Moore took the majority of the reps with the first-team offense, David Garrard moved into that role. Of course, the QB situation isn’t the only thing to keep an eye on.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the second day of training camp:
- Day 2 Notebook: Tomorrow Will be First Day in Full Pads & Other Notes
- Wide Open QB Battle Brings Out the Best in Moore and Garrard
- Family and Fun Combine at Dolphins Camp
- Photo Gallery: Camp Dolphins Day 2
- Photo Gallery: Family Fun Day at Camp Dolphins 2012
- VIDEO: FinsidersTV Featuring Reggie Bush, Davone Bess & Joe Philbin
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Jake Long
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Les Brown
- VIDEO: Reggie Bush Media Availability
- VIDEO: Davone Bess Media Availability
- VIDEO: Brian Hartline Media Availability
- VIDEO: Richie Incognito Talks Hard Knocks
- VIDEO: Mike Pouncey Media Availability
- VIDEO: Jonathan Martin Media Availability
- VIDEO: Family Day at Dolphins Camp
If you’re having a conversation with someone about the Dolphins offense, there’s a pretty good chance you’re discussing the quarterbacks. And if not the quarterbacks, then the wide receivers. And if not the wide receivers, then probably the running backs.
And while all of the QBs, WRs and RBs are going to be critical to the team’s success on offense this year, there’s another group that could very well make major contributions: the tight ends.