Many fantasy football drafts are right around the corner, so it’s time for our fantasy guru, James Morris, to continue his 2012 Fantasy Football preview. After breaking down the quarterbacks and running backs in recent weeks, James turns his attention to the wide receiver position. Here are his wide receiver rankings based on standard (non-PPR) scoring formats::
1) Calvin Johnson: Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, and the race isn’t even close.
After practice, one in which Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill split time working against the first team, Joe Philbin briefly addressed last night’s roster move and the implications heading forward.
In case you missed it, here’s a complete roundup of Dolphins.com’s coverage of the 13th day of training camp practices:
- Day 17 Notebook: Receiver Competition Takes On New Look; Other Notes
- Starks and Soliai Stabilize Defensive Front Four
- Reaction to Release of Chad Johnson
- VIDEO: Joe Philbin Press Conference, 8/13
- VIDEO: Kevin Coyle Media Availability
- VIDEO: Sean Smith Media Availability
- VIDEO: Cam Wake Media Availability
- VIDEO: Reshad Jones Media Availability
- VIDEO: Karlos Dansby Media Availability
- VIDEO: Finsiders TV, 8/13/12
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Julius Pruitt
- VIDEO: Rishard Matthews in Stuido
- VIDEO: Pete Prisco Joins The Finsiders
- VIDEO: 1-on-1 with Gary Guyton
Here’s some of the Dolphins’ reaction to Johnson’s release:
“Again, it was more a body of evidence from June 11th forward. When he came in on June 11th, we sat down and we talked and I was very clear as to the expectations of the program.
Typical of any team’s first preseason game, there was some inconsistency but a few bright spots, too.
Here are my five key takeaways from tonight’s preseason opener:
- Ryan Tannehill Didn’t Look Like a Rookie: It may have been Tannehill’s first NFL game action, but he looked like a seasoned veteran.
But to take advantage of his overwhelming physicality, Joe Philbin and Kevin Coyle have permanently shifted Wilson inside to safety.
Wilson joined The Finsiders to talk about the position switch and his on-field development during his first true NFL offseason.
PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS POST IS HIGHLY UNOFFICIAL. THESE ARE OBSERVATIONS SHARED BETWEEN MYSELF AND JOHN CONGEMI AND WERE DONE WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF INSTANT REPLAY OR THE ABILITY TO REVIEW THE PRACTICE TAPE.
At today’s practice, one of the big questions of the summer was answered, as rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill took reps with the first team offense for the first time during training camp.