Ikaika Alama-Francis, LB: Unsigned
Will Allen, CB: Signed with Patriots
Vernon Carey, OL: Unsigned
Marc Colombo, OT: Unsigned
Chad Henne, QB: Reportedly signs with the Jaguars.
Kendall Langford, DL: Reportedly signs with Rams.
JP Losman, QB: Unsigned
Marvin Mitchell, LB: Unsigned
Steve Slaton, RB: Reportedly re-signs with Dolphins
Paul Soliai, NT: Re-signs with Dolphins
*Jason Taylor, LB: Unsigned
*Though Taylor announced his retirement, he is technically considered an unrestricted free agent.
The Miami Dolphins (4-9) travel to Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday to face the Buffalo Bills (5-8) in this AFC East matchup. The Dolphins won the first meeting between these two teams 35-8 on November 20th at Sun Life Stadium, and also won the last time they traveled to Buffalo 15-10 in September of last year. Miami holds the series lead 54-36-1 and this game marks the first head coaching assignment for Miami’s interim coach Todd Bowles.
From the Fins:
- The Finsiders take a look back at some memorable Miami wins throughout the past five decades of an intense AFC East rivalry
- Andy Cohen of Dolphins.com says “Jason Taylor’s remarkable career keeps getting even more remarkable“
- Tim Graham of the Buffalo News believes the Bills six-game losing streak has been caused by much more than just injuries
- Hank Goldberg speaks with Michael Lombardi about the Dolphins coaching situation
- Davone Bess talks about the transition from one coach to another and QB Matt Moore discusses being back at practice
From the Press:
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald asks “What if the Dolphins have the next best thing in coaching right under their noses and don’t know it?”
- ESPN.com AFC East blogger James Walker writes JP Losman “has a chance to come full circle this week”
- Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post says “Mike Nolan is pretty happy with his situation”
The Hall of Fame quarterback calls in to the program to give his thoughts on Sunday’s Dolphins-Bills match-up, which he will broadcast along with Jimmy Cefalo and Joe Rose on the Dolphins radio network. Make sure to listen for Griese’s vivid memories of playing in Buffalo during his career with the Fins.
The Bills safety joins Jesse Agler to discuss the Dolphins-Bills rivalry and the possibility of facing his former teammate, QB JP Losman on Sunday in Buffalo. Make sure to listen to Wilson describe his journey of transitioning from a wide receiver to safety at the NFL level and give his opinion on which position is more difficult.
Watch the interview here:
On today’s FinsidersTV, we get our first chance to hear from interim head coach Todd Bowles, who emphasized that the current situation is not about him. Also, Yeremiah Bell, coached by Bowles in the secondary, talks about Bowles; and QB JP Losman discusses the possibility of getting a start against his old team on Sunday:
The Dolphins interim head coach sits down with The Finsiders to talk about his new role, taking over for Tony Sparano on Monday and leading his first practice as an NFL head coach. Make sure to listen as Bowles details the message that he delivered to the team on Wednesday as the team began preparations for the final three games of the 2011 season.
QB Matt Moore, LT Jake Long, CB Vontae Davis, and LG Vernon Carey were all lost for at least part of the game after suffering injuries as the previously relatively healthy Dolphins couldn’t overcome those injuries or three turnovers in a game that took far longer than the average NFL contest.
Kim Bokamper explains why JP Losman was signed instead of the team bringing Pat Devlin up from the practice squad. Hear the crew’s analysis of what Losman brings that Devlin may not have at this point in his career.