After a Friday night dropped pass and a Saturday night arrest, Johnson’s contract was terminated by the team on Sunday and the show was there to capture much of what was a very intense weekend in South Florida.
Things, began, though, on an even more serious note, as the show opened with the death of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid’s son.
Andy Reid, who runs a west coast offensive system as the Eagles head coach, provides an overview of the style offense that Dolphins fans will see under new head coach Joe Philbin. Also, make sure to hear Reid’s strong opinion as to why a west coast offense doesn’t need a true “#1 wide receiver.”
From the Fins:
- Coach Sparano talks about the importance that depth plays on a football team
- For a full multimedia preview of the Eagles-Dolphins game check out The Finsiders game preview
- Andy Kent of Dolphins.com says “two teams with identical records but on vastly different paths will meet Sunday afternoon at Sun Life Stadium”
- Hear from Andy Reid, Michael Vick and former Dolphin Ronnie Brown for an Eagles perspective
- ESPN.com AFC East blogger James Walker says “the Eagles have issues stopping the run” which could lead to a big day for Daniel Thomas
- David J.
The Eagles beat writer joins the show to discuss the state of the Eagles during a vastly disappointing season for a club that went into 2011 with high expectations. Make sure to listen for McLane’s bold words on the mindset of the passionate, yet hostile Philadelphia fans heading into Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.
From the Fins:
- Reggie Bush: “I’ve always had this burning desire to be great”
- Many Dolphin players have been impressive of late, but who is most deserving of a spot in the Pro Bowl?