Andy Cohen’s column on Dolphins.com appears at 6 a.m. every weekday from training camp through the season. Occasionally, like today, Andy will also provide some quick hits.). Be sure to follow Andy Cohen on Twitter at @ACohenFins.
Have a question for A.C.? Submit your questions to Andy Cohen on Twitter at @ACohenFins.
• That opening drive by the Dolphins was absolutely a thing of beauty. If this is what this new offense looks like, bring it on!
• That drive included a read option pass by Ryan Tannehill. I don’t think I’ve ever typed that sentence before.
• Ryan Tannehill called it a night after that first series. And why not? He showed us everything we wanted to see for a first preseason game.
• And don’t lose sight of this: The No. 1 offensive line did not give up a sack – not even a hurry – in that first drive. OK, it’s only a small step. But after last season, a small step feels like a big one.
• Meanwhile, the No. 1 defense did not look sharp on Atlanta’s opening possession touchdown drive. Too many missed tackles. Generally just looked out of sync. Back to the practice field.
• Not big for predictions this early, but defensive tackle Randy Starks has a chance to have a monster season.
• With Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline out, we saw Friday night how much quality depth the Dolphins have at receiver.
• Second-year cornerback Will Davis did some impressive things against the Falcons. Has come a long way in one season.
• OK, I’ve been raving about Jarvis Landry all during training camp. After that second quarter punt return, now you see why.
• An undrafted rookie seems to make this team every year. Could defensive tackle Anthony Johnson be the one this season? He’s certainly making a case for it.
• Now we move on to next Saturday night in Tampa and we’ll learn some more about this Dolphins team.
The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed by The Finsiders Blog represent those of individual writers, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions, policies or desires of the Miami Dolphins organization, front office, coaches and executives. Writers' views are formulated independently from any inside information and/or conversation with Dolphins officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.
14 Responses to “Andy Cohen: Quick Hits From Friday Night’s Preseason Opener”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.