The NFL released the 2013 preseason schedule yesterday and while exact dates and times are not known for four of the five games, we can still take an early look at some of the storylines for the games coming in August.
The Dolphins, of course, open the preseason in the Hall of Fame Game against the Cowboys, which will be followed by games at Jacksonville and Houston before they finish the preseason with two home games against the Buccaneers and Saints.
- The August 4th Hall of Fame Game in Canton will be the Fins’ fourth-ever appearance in the annual preseason opener and they’re still looking for their first win there. The last time Miami played at Fawcett Stadium was 2005, when they suffered a 27-24 loss to the Bears.
- It will also be the first time the new logo and uniforms will be used in a game situation.
- The Cowboys are technically the home team for the neutral-site game. Expect to see the Dolphins in aqua tops.
- Like this year, Miami played five preseason games in 2005, finishing 1-4 and also like this year, the first three games that preseason were all played away from South Florida before two home games finished the exhibition schedule.
- WR Brian Hartline is a Canton native and has played at Fawcett Stadium as a high schooler.
- This will be the fourth straight preseason that the Dolphins and Cowboys will face off.
- The Dolphins and Jaguars did not meet in last year’s preseason, but Miami did cruise to a 24-3 win over the Jags in Week 15 of the regular season.
- The game at Houston will mark Ryan Tannehill’s return to the site of his first-career NFL start, Week 1 last year.
- We’ll get to see former Hurricanes star Ed Reed in a Texans uniform for the first time, as well.
- The Texans are the only 2012 playoff team on the Dolphins’ 2013 preseason schedule.
- The Dolphins and Bucs will once again face off and it will be their 20th preseason meeting in 22 years and 13th straight year in which they have played one another in an exhibition.
- The Dolphins will face each of their last two preseason opponents, the Bucs and Saints, in the 2013 regular season.
The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed by The Finsiders Blog represent those of individual writers, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions, policies or desires of the Miami Dolphins organization, front office, coaches and executives. Writers' views are formulated independently from any inside information and/or conversation with Dolphins officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.
One Response to “Early Preseason Storylines”
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.