Coach Tony Sparano released his first depth chart of the 2011 season today and while a LOT will change between now and the regular season opener on September 12th, it’s always fun to see where guys stack up heading into pre-season game number one. Here are my notes and observations:
- QB: Chad Henne is the starter, with Matt Moore #2. The third QB spot is listed as Kevin O’Connell/Pat Devlin.
- LT: Jake Long is not on the depth chart, because the team’s policy is to not include any players on the PUP list. Lydon Murtha is listed as the starting left tackle.
- RB: Reggie Bush is listed as the starter ahead of second round pick Daniel Thomas.
- C: Mike Pouncey is the starting center, the only rookie in the starting lineup.
- WR: Brandon Marshall and Brian Hartline are the starters at each WR position.
- TE: No surprise that Anthony Fasano is the #1 tight end, but note that Mickey Shuler is second and Jeron Mastrud is third.
- LCB: Sean Smith is listed as the starter ahead of veteran Will Allen.
- FS: Chris Clemons is still the starter at this position, though Reshad Jones has been nipping at his heels in camp so far.
- SLB: Koa Misi is ahead of Jason Taylor at this outside linebacker position.
- DL: The starting defensive linemen are Kendall Langford (LE), Paul Soliai (NT), and Randy Starks (RE).
- Davone Bess is, as of now, the punt returner and the kick returner, though rookie Clyde Gates is listed at #2 in both of those roles, with fellow rookie Phillip Livas third.
The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed by The Finsiders Blog represent those of individual writers, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions, policies or desires of the Miami Dolphins organization, front office, coaches and executives. Writers' views are formulated independently from any inside information and/or conversation with Dolphins officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.